Learn the critical importance for businesses to adapt to evolving customer communication preferences in the digital age.
Gain a Competitive Edge with Personalized Video for Wealth Management
5 Ways Personalized Video Optimizes Onboarding in Wealth Management
Anticipating and responding to the expectations and needs of new clients is critical for any wealth management firm. You need to efficiently deliver required information and branded content, introduce relationship stakeholders, and open and fund accounts quickly-all while gaining insight into what really matters to your client, and communicating with them as effectively as possible.
First impressions count, so how you choose to welcome your client during this period is one of your most critical business decisions. How do you improve your chances of making an excellent first impression?
For starters, USE VIDEO! Video is proven to be better than written text and emails at engaging and maintaining a client’s attention. Using personalized video for wealth management is a great way to enhance customer experience. For example, onboarding new clients using video leverages its power to simplify complex information, boost engagement, and motivate action, while meeting clients in a medium they already prefer.
When you add personalization to the mix and tailor a video to the preferences of a potential client, you elevate your onboarding game. But before we jump into the 5 major ways to upgrade your onboarding strategy with personalized video, let’s look at how onboarding videos work, along with some of the field-tested ways you can deploy them effectively.
Achieve clear and effective communication with personalized video for wealth management
Onboarding videos serve many purposes and are most useful to explain a complex idea, especially to a new client who is not overly familiar with your products or services and may be new to investing. With simple, direct scripts and engaging graphics, it’s easy to convert skeptics into believers with onboarding videos.
Along with many other applications, personalized videos for onboarding can be used to:
- Explain a company’s product, service, brand, or message
- Educate new users
- Inspire and entice prospects to become customers
- Support, inform, and train customers to provide the best user experience for them
- Train new employees
- Attract new customers
- Up-sell and cross-sell existing customers
- Improve customer and employee retention
Personalized video is a powerful and flexible tool that you can leverage during wealth management onboarding in a variety of ways. For example:
- Do more with how-to videos. Not just for YouTube or TikTok, how-to videos educate clients as they move through their client journey, giving them the right information at the right time. Just remember to keep it short and simple.
- Reduce calls to client support. Maybe it’s a new client curious about your firm, or an existing client that needs help with their accounts – if people can’t find answers to their questions, they will feel compelled to call your client support services, or their advisor. An informative series of personalized videos saves your precious resources and alleviates the strain on your already-taxed support team.
- Free people to learn better. Whether clients or employees, giving people access to a content library empowers them to take charge of their own financial education as they see fit, adapting it to their own schedules, particular needs, and learning speeds. Internally, this helps you save time if you need to schedule multiple training sessions with numerous employees.
- Put your best foot forward. Building relationships is difficult, but letting people in on who you really are – the ‘real’ human beings behind the logo – creates a priceless authentic connection that is at the core of trust and loyalty. Since some clients are immune to the countless impersonal marketing messages they get, turning to video will help you reach clients.
- Onto bigger and brighter things. But don’t rest on your laurels. Even long-standing and repeat clients can be onboarded to new services and products and represent great opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell. Client journeys should never be left to atrophy. Instead, evolve already motivated clients into new and exciting phases.
Educate, engage, and motivate during onboarding
Wealth management clients are always actively seeking information to best inform their investing decisions. Integrating video into your client onboarding process is the right approach to educate, engage and motivate new clients.
By tailoring the messaging directly to their preferences, interactive personalized videos go one step further, above and beyond the already amazing power of video: creating a welcoming environment that nurtures a mutually beneficial relationship based on authentic communication and trust.
Doxim CCM clients can leverage personalized, interactive video technology to optimize onboarding communications
Doxim CCM leverages our client’s existing data to deliver personalized, interactive video experiences at scale. Unlike other bespoke and expensive solutions, Doxim CCM Interactive Video delivers low cost, 1:1 videos from a template that has proven to be effective and yields maximum ROI.
The visual engagement and real-time interactivity made possible through video, provides the ‘personal touch’ that drives increased client engagement, better engagement, and high conversion rates.
Connect with me