Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and may or may not include business contact information depending on your jurisdiction. Doxim collects the following personal information:
- 1. Business Customers/Prospective Business Customers: Our Business Customers are data controllers and Doxim acts as a data processor on behalf of our Business Customers because we process personal information provided to us by Business Customers. If you are a Business Customer or a prospective Business Customer, we may collect the following information from you:
- Contact and profile information: we may collect information such as your name, phone number, address, business information, e-mail address, and password when you use our website, Client Login Portal, Request a Demo, sign up for our mailing list or subscribe for updates or otherwise communicate with us online, by telephone or in person at an event or otherwise.
- Payment and transaction information: we collect information relating to the products and services you purchase from us including payment information such as credit card or banking details.
- 2. Customers of our Business Customers: If you are a customer of any of our Business Customers, our Business Customers may provide your personal information to us so that we can provide our Business Customers with the products and services they have purchased from us. Our Business Customers must only provide Doxim with personal information that they have obtained in compliance with applicable privacy laws (such as, but not limited to, ensuring your informed consent is obtained in order for Doxim to provide the products and services our Business Customer purchased from us). The personal information we collect includes name, address and phone number, e-mail address, financial information, and other information the Business Customer provides to us on your behalf.
- 3. Information Automatically Obtained Via Our Website. When you visit our website, if you only browse our website, Doxim and our third party partners will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit as transmitted by your web browser that, on its own, may not be considered personal information.
- 4. Social media information: When you interact with us through social media, such as when you Like Us on Facebook or share our content on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Youtube or other sites you may provide us with personal information.
- 5. Information provided to us by third parties: We may receive information (i) from our suppliers and vendors, resellers, marketing partners, and other business partners, or (ii) from other members of Business Customers.
- 6. Requests, comments, and opinions: When you contact us online or by phone, mail or in person, and when you make a request for information (such as eBooks or whitepapers) or provide comments or opinions to us we may record the information you provide to us including any personal information you provide.
- 7. Other: We may collect and process personal information with your consent, when you apply for a job, browse our website anonymously (by collecting your IP Address along with other metadata) and as permitted by applicable law.
C. When and with whom do you share my personal information?
- 1. With third parties, if we are negotiating an acquisition or corporate reorganization (but only to the extent such disclosure is required during such negotiations) or in the event of the sale of all or a portion of Doxim’s assets or business, Doxim may provide personal information to the third party purchaser or prospective purchaser.
- 2. With vendors and suppliers that support our business (including without limitation, cloud providers, marketing agencies, advertising networks, analytics service providers, IT and communication vendors, and consultants) who have agreed to comply with privacy and security obligations required by Doxim and its Business Customers.
- 3. If permitted or required by applicable law, for example, to protect the safety of individuals or secure property or to provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
D. How long does Doxim keep personal information?
Yes, Doxim uses temporary cookies when required, such as to complete a transaction, enhance the user experience when our online forms are used, for targeted advertisement, and in order to generate 3rd party analytics. A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site. The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer. If you want to know when a cookie is placed on your computer or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to address those situations.
F. Links to External Sites
G. Marketing Communications.
If you agreed to receive marketing communications from us, you will receive marketing communications regarding our products, services, events and other information. Except for service-related emails, you can unsubscribe from receiving such information by either using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you receive or by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
H. Correcting Your Personal Information
Doxim takes reasonable steps to help ensure that personal information it receives or collects is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Doxim depends on you to update or correct the personal information you have provided to us directly or through our Business Customers or third party providers. If a Business Customer is sending us your personal information on your behalf, please contact the Business Customer to update your information. If you provided us with inaccurate or incomplete personal information, Doxim will amend your information and notify any third parties as required by applicable laws. You may update your personal information by sending us an e-mail at [email protected] or by calling Customer Service at 1-866-475-9876.
I. Requesting Access to Your Personal Information
Since we are a vendor providing services to our Business Customers, subject to legal obligations if you are an individual who has provided personal information to any of our Business Customers you should contact that business about the personal information you provided to that business. If you have provided personal information to Doxim directly you can send us a written request to find out if Doxim holds personal information about you. If Doxim holds personal information about you, we will provide you with access to your information within a reasonable timeframe and at minimal or no cost in accordance with applicable laws (provided we are able to verify you are the individual that the personal information applies to). To request access to your personal information, please send us a written request by email to [email protected] or by mail or courier to Doxim, 1380 Rodick Road, Suite102, Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 4G5 Attention: Chief Privacy Officer.
J. Withdrawing Consent/Complaints
Subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you may withdraw your consent to our further use of your personal information. Withdrawal of consent will not operate retroactively, and to the extent that your personal information is necessary for us to provide you with our products and services, withdrawal of consent may affect your ability to use such products and services. You can withdraw your consent by sending a written request by email to [email protected], or by mail or courier to Doxim, 1380 Rodick Road, Suite102, Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 4G5 Attention: Chief Privacy Officer, or by contacting us by telephone at 1-866-475-9876. You have the right to complain to us about our handling of your personal information and can do so using the above contact information.
Your personal information is kept securely in line with physical, technical and administrative security measures. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted and any transmission is at your own risk.
In addition, if you have a password to access any Doxim services, you must keep your password secure and private to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your account. You are solely responsible for the security of your password. If you have forgotten your password, please e-mail us at [email protected].
L. Where is personal information stored?
Currently, we store your personal information in the U.S. and Canada. Depending on your location, your information may be transferred out of your local jurisdiction to one of these countries. In addition, we may use service providers who store, transfer or process your personal information outside of the U.S. and Canada in other foreign jurisdictions. Your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities in the U.S., Canada or these foreign jurisdictions pursuant to various forms of legal process requesting information.
M. Changes to this privacy polic
N. Contacting Doxim
Last updated June 2019