How To Evolve Digital Engagement Rapidly And Set Your Bank Up For Lasting Success
Customer preference for digital service has skyrocketed over the past two years. This shift can be advantageous for both banks and customers, if it is handled correctly. By advancing digital engagement in banking with a strong digital engagement strategy, and the right technologies to back it up, you can operate under most circumstances. Your customers will enjoy shorter wait times, more opportunities for self-service, and better, more consistent experiences. And your staff members can be freed from many mundane tasks to focus on revenue generating activities instead.
With the right strategy in place, you can evolve digital engagement rapidly, setting your bank up for lasting success.
Ready to advance digital engagement at your bank and make every interaction count?
Here are three keys to advancing digital engagement in banking, with some practical tips on how to achieve them
1. Fortify your digital service protfolio:
Over the course of the last two years, your banking customers have become more comfortable than ever before with digital self-service options. These options offer customers convenience and choice and represent real opportunities for operational efficiency at your bank. To take full advantage of this digital shift, start by reviewing all your self-service options for accessibility and user experience.
- Can my customer conduct all their usual banking tasks through their preferred channel, at their convenience? These tasks include everything from daily banking to opening a new account to applying for a loan, secure line of credit, or mortgage. Don’t just consider your retail banking customers, either – business banking is a growing field, and busy entrepreneurs love online options too.
- Will my customers’ data follow them if they have to switch between channels to complete a task? No customer likes to tell their story twice, and lengthy customer service calls are costly for you, and irritating for them. With cloud-based, omnichannel banking solutions your customers can start a task in one channel and finish it in another, seamlessly.
- Are your digital banking tools designed with customer experience in mind? Customer experience is today’s key differentiator, so try out your current tools as though you were a customer. Older online banking tools may not be mobile-friendly or accessible and may include field after field of data which must be entered manually. If you are considering abandoning an application or task, so will your customer.
2. Amplify your digital experience:
Once you have reviewed your basic self-service solutions and ensured they are comprehensive, modern, and convenient, there’s much more you can do. Establish and enhance digital communication channels to provide your customers with a seamless experience across the platform of their choosing.
A modern, omnichannel CCM platform can empower your business users to generate the frequent, ongoing, and personal interactions your customers crave, and distribute these communications through multiple channels (via print, PDF, HTML, email, text, and online interactive experiences).
For an added ‘personal touch, 'consider adding interactive video content to your communication mix, to increase digital engagement, simplify complex information, and drive increased satisfaction. Interactive Video enables personalized digital customer experiences, such as interactive statements, bills, policies, or reports, that offer visual engagement and real-time interactivity.
3. Empower your employees with a cloud based CCM:
Remote work has changed the way employees access information, but it hasn’t changed the need to provide an exceptional customer experience. The types of things your staff members can do in branches or offices when they need support — drop by your office, collaborate with colleagues or consult shared reference materials — are harder to do at home.
By choosing the right technology to support your employees, you can help bridge the gap and ensure that customer documents and data are right at the fingertips of your call center and other staff members, regardless of whether they are in the office or working from home.
For example, the omnichannel capabilities of a centralized, cloud-based CCM solution are such that when a customer calls in to speak to a service representative or engages with a chatbot, both human and machine can provide immediate assistance by calling up the communication or document that the customer received. This keeps every customer communication connected, making multi-step, omnichannel customer interactions a reality. It also lessens the operational burden on your staff members, who are already contending with significant changes to their workday. That’s a win-win situation for everyone involved!
HOW DOXIM CAN HELP ADVANCE DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT IN BANKING
Doxim is the customer communications and engagement technology leader serving banks like yours. As a single, trusted partner offering a holistic CCM solution that will meet all your CXM needs, Doxim can help you advance digital engagement at your bank and make every interaction count.
With Doxim, banks can communicate reliably and effectively, improve cross-sell and upsell opportunities, and drive increased loyalty and wallet share through personalized omnichannel communications.
Behind the scenes, Doxim’s seasoned client experience experts can also help you encourage digital engagement and consult on creative communication design that delivers a great user experience.
And of course, Doxim’s customer communications management technology offers you all the security and compliance features you require to keep your customers’ sensitive data secure, plus the scalability and flexible pricing you would expect from a modern SaaS-based solution.
Are you ready to advance your bank’s digital engagement strategy with rich, interactive customer experiences?
VP Sales, Financial Services North America at Doxim
Josh is a solutions consultant by nature, focused on identifying customer communication solutions for financial institutions.
In his position as Vice President of Sales (USA), Josh leverages his experience to understand the needs, and propose solutions, for customer communications management in credit unions and community banks.