Patient experience is a key differentiator in today’s dynamic, digital environment and personalization is a critical tool to enhance it. Companies today, including healthcare organizations, need to ensure they are providing customers/patients with personalized service and interactions. This will show that the organization understands them and their specific needs at each point in their journey together.
The healthcare sector has been facing several key challenges. Today’s patients expect more from their healthcare providers than ever before. Accustomed to the seamless and personal customer interactions they have with brands like Amazon and Uber, they now expect the same level of service when they access healthcare. Too often, these expectations are not met, resulting in a poor patient experience.
To retain existing patients, healthcare organizations must focus on achieving higher levels of satisfaction when it comes to patient engagement.
Personalization Drives Better Engagement & Revenue
71% of consumers say a personalized experience influences their decision to engage.
- Dynamic Yield
202% of companies see an increase in conversions when calls-to-action are personalized
28% of consumers have increased brand loyalty when communications they receive are personalized.
95% of companies that saw 3x ROI from their personalization efforts.
Doxim offers a holistic CCM solution that will help boost patient experience and make every interaction count
Understanding the value of personalization
Recent research by Keypoint Intelligence confirms that consumers recognize and respond to personalization.
About 45% of consumers spent much more time reviewing digital marketing communications that were personalized and relevant to them than generic communications. This share was even higher for direct mail (52%).
As cited by 43% of consumers, personalization was the top factor that made consumers more likely to read or review a digital marketing communication.
Only about 37% of consumers were frequently or very frequently receiving highly personalized marketing communications, so is there is certainly room for improvement.
Based on experience from suppliers in other sectors, patients expect their healthcare communications to be customized according to their health/treatment, stage of life, and/or personal circumstances.
Using patient data on hand to personalize communications, along with a data focused strategy will help to build more detailed and specific patient profiles. This helps customize future communication and ensures better patient engagement.
Personalizing Healthcare Communications supports the recent shift to Customer Experience Management
Across industries, we’re seeing a shift from Customer Communication Management (CCM) to broader Customer Experience Management (CXM).
It’s therefore vital to enhance patient experience through personalized interaction, and this can be achieved by engaging patients with communications that are:
- Frequent and ongoing - to maintain good engagement
- Connected across touchpoints of the patient journey – where one communication triggers the next
- Omnichannel and delivered in the patient’s preferred channel
- Ad hoc and frequently interactive, supporting 2-way engagement
- And, most importantly, PERSONALIZED
4 Innovative ways to Personalize Healthcare Communications
The latest release of Doxim CCM incorporates 4 powerful new tools your healthcare organization can leverage to achieve effective, personalized communications that deliver business results:
- Targeted, Personalized Onserts – drive demand by including onserts, which are customized messages that appear directly on patient statements and communications, in designated blocks. But, because no two patients are the same, providers can segment their patients, design and upload onserts for each segment and apply logic - so that during document generation the process will automatically select and include the right onsert based on the individual patient’s data.
- Self-Serve Correspondence – give your team the ability to send urgent communications to patients. Doxim CCM Self-Serve Correspondence gives them the control, speed, and agility they need to rapidly author service communications and, in doing so, deliver a better patient experience.
- Personalized, Interactive Video - satisfy patients and motivate them to act with Doxim CCM Interactive Video. It delivers an interactive and personalized experience utilizing the same statement extract data that drives traditional print, PDF or interactive HTML statements– providing patients with a superior digitally engaged experience. It is ideal for onboarding, EOB and helps drive renewals, as well as retention.
- Interactive Documents - Provide rich, interactive information and personalized end-to-end engagement – all contained within the capsule of a PDF document and sent securely to the patient via email with Doxim CCM Interactive Documents.
How Doxim Can Help Healthcare Organizations Achieve Their CXM Goals
As a single, trusted partner offering a holistic CCM solution that will meet all your CXM needs, Doxim can help you operationalize your patient experience strategy and make every interaction count.
Doxim’s omnichannel CCM platform can help generate the frequent, ongoing, and personal interactions your patients have become accustomed to and crave. Communications are also distributed through multiple channels (via print, PDF, HTML, email, text, and online interactive experiences) to further enhance the patient experience.
The omnichannel capabilities of the platform are such that when a patient calls in for support, the service representative can provide immediate assistance by calling up the communication or document that the patient received. This keeps every patient communication connected, making multi-step, omnichannel customer interactions a reality.
Doxim Interactive video provides the ‘personal touch’ needed to simplify complex information and drive increased satisfaction and wallet share. Seamlessly integrated into the broader Doxim CCM platform, Doxim CCM Interactive Video will enable personalized digital experiences, such as interactive statements, policies, or EOB explanations that offer visual engagement and real-time interactivity.
Behind the scenes, Doxim’s seasoned patient experience experts can also help you encourage patient engagement and consult on creative communication design that delivers a great user experience.
And of course, Doxim’s customer communications management technology offers you all the security and compliance you require to keep your patient’s sensitive data secure, plus the scalability and flexible pricing you would expect from a modern SaaS-based solution.
Regional Vice President, Utilities and Healthcare at Doxim.
Jason has 22+ years of experience serving a diverse array of industries, across a wide range of print and digital communication technologies. Prior to joining Doxim in July 2020, he was a Senior Client Services Manager at Taylor Communications.
In his current position as Regional Vice President, Utilities, Jason is focused on developing long-term client relationships to facilitate account growth and expedient conflict resolution, He retains a key interest in communication management in other regulated industries, such as the Healthcare sector.