If you work at a credit union, bank, or municipality, you’re well-aware of the complex logistics of printing and mailing. Making sure every statement is printed and mailed accurately and on-time is a hefty amount of work, one that inevitably drains a large amount of your time and resources.
Many companies incorrectly assume that statement printing is an unavoidable part of doing business. If you’re still on the fence about outsourcing printing and mailing, then it’s worth your time to do some research.
Here are some of the top reasons why businesses outsource:
- Outsourcing increases the amount of control you have over the process. For the vast majority of businesses, the infrastructure they have for printing and mailing doesn’t match that of a dedicated provider. Print and mail providers boast state-of-the-art equipment, staff with extensive experience, and the ability to focus on a small set of tasks. As such, last-minute changes, mid-production adjustments, accuracy, and reliability are all easier to achieve.
- Outsourcing saves you from errors. On a similar note, a business specializing in print and mailing can focus specifically on providing accurate statements. As such, they have more time to focus on accurate printing and job inspection. This helps your organization save face and ensures you keep your customers satisfied.
- Outsourcing saves you money. At first glance, most business owners assume outsourcing is too costly. In fact, outsourcing can save you money through streamlined processes as well as cost-effective materials and shared equipment. Another intangible benefit is the fact that it frees up your staff to work on other more important tasks, rather than getting bogged down in piles of returned mail.
- Outsourcing enables targeted messaging to your customers. Outsourcing your statement printing also offers a valuable opportunity to boost your marketing campaigns. With each statement, you can deliver messages targeted to the recipient based on age, gender, income, birthday, and even loan payments. Targeted messaging will always be more effective than a one-size-fits all approach. On most statements, the blank space is already there: why not take advantage of it?
- Outsourcing allows you to focus on running your business. For 99% of organizations, print and mailing will never be a core capability, just another logistical necessity. When you outsource statement printing, you can focus on doing what you do best and providing better, higher quality service.
To find out if outsourcing is right for your statement printing needs, please contact us at 1-844-IDS-DOCS (437-3627) today.